So it’s come to this – Laser Time premium content.
I kid! And I’ll lead with this clear statement – you’ll never pay for our lead shows. But based on all your demands for even more content and your much-appreciated support (both financial and emotional) we finally decided to think up some ways to offer more. And today’s batch of commentary tracks for Agents of SHIELD are our first step toward doing that.
As you all know, we’ve got immensely time consuming day jobs so bear with us while we work out some kinks. To get these five commentary tracks – roughly 45 minutes each – simply donate to Laser Time in the month of November. Any amount, doesn’t matter. Just know that money goes directly to us and helps us put band aids on our collapsing mics.
Once you donate, you should receive an email from Laser Time within 24-48 hours, giving you access to a RAR file containing commentary tracks for the first five episodes. You’ll then have about 48 hours to grab the file off our Google Drive. Make sure you check the email address associated with PayPal, and it wouldn’t hurt if, in the PayPal donation field, you mention you’re donating because of these tracks 🙂
Once you have the tracks, some important notes:
- Start the file. We will introduce ourselves. Pause it after the brief intro and UNPAUSE the file when the Marvel logo turns bright red. No flapping paper noises, no panels in the background.
- PAUSE the file at each commercial break. UNPAUSE the file when the show resumes (we can’t know where/how you’re watching it; Hulu, DVR, ABC rerun etc so a precise sync is tough).
- Each commercial break has about 2 seconds of silence. The intention was to give you time to pause the file if you’re watching along, but if you’re watching the show completely without commercials (even Hulu sometimes skips them entirely) those two seconds might be enough to get you out of sync. If you know the episode well (i.e. seen it before) you’ll be better prepared for this pause/unpause business cuz you’ll know when the breaks are imminent.
- Sometimes we focus on lines or action moments, which really demands 1) You’re watching along, or 2) Are perfectly synced. We’ll do this less in the future. Obv this means you’ll get the most out of these by watching along.
- The first few episodes we try really hard to stay on topic and discuss what’s on screen, but much like every commentary you’ve ever heard, we digress a lot as the episodes roll on. By episode five you’re practically a fly on the wall in an hour-long conversation between me, Chris and Henry. So in THAT case, you don’t need to care about the show at all!
So basically, staying in perfect sync is pretty hard. This is specific to TV commentary, as a movie is one long file with no breaks. Eager for your feedback on this experiment, that way we can make it easier!
So yeah. Donate, get 4+ hours of content in addition to the all the other stuff we do this month. I’ve also prepared a list of the content you’re getting, who’s commenting and the timestamp of the commercial breaks in case that helps you stay on top of those.
EPISODE 1 (Brett, Chris, Grimm) – Unpauses aka Returning from Commercial Breaks aka Sync Points at 01:33, 12:33, 19:58, 28:24, 34:40 and 43:49
EPISODE 2 (Brett, Chris, Henry) – Unpauses at 00:33, 09:12, 16:07, 26:20, 32:35 and 40:16
EPISODE 3 (Ditto) – Unpauses at 00:41, 08:02, 16:52, 26:46, 32:33 and 42:47
EPISODE 4 (Ditto) – Unpauses at 0:42, 08:47, 17:30, 23:11, 32:17 and 41:02
EPISODE 5 (Ditto) – Unpauses at 00:54, 09:32, 15:57, 26:37, 31:08 and 41:01
And of course THANK YOU to everyone who donates this month! Our hope is to offer new “premium” content regularly and while things like a proper storefront would be easier, this is something we can actually pull off with the time we have (we even recorded all these commentaries after finishing all the usual shows for the day and ol’ Hank nearly missed his train outta town!)
Oh and if you already donated this month… you’re getting these retroactively!