Comic reviews for December 7th

Home Forums Reviews Comic reviews for December 7th

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  supergiraffe 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

supergiraffe
    Participant

Action Comics #4 Price $3.99

This is a comic that truly lives up its name, in this issue we get what ultimately amounts to one long fight scene. I don’t mean this in a bad way, since the action is pretty interesting and seeing Steel debut in this issue was great. Grant Morrison seems to be trying to get as many of the old Superman characters into this book as quickly as he can, and he seems to be able to do so without it getting crowded, a feat I must applaud. I am a little curious about why they’re choosing to wait two issues before concluding this storyline, I understand next issue since it reveals back-story, but the previews for issue six don’t look like they’re worth taking this break for.
    The artwork for this issue is good when it comes to the fight scenes, but seems to fall apart when it tries close ups of single people. The faces look unnatural whenever they try and convey emotions (especially panic) and this can be hard to overlook. Fortunately most of these problems disappear in the Steel backup story, where the artwork look a lot more polished.
    Overall Action Comics is proving to be fun ride, and I can’t wait to see how this storyline ends. Unfortunately the two month wait between now and the next issue in this story is a little frustrating, but if the filler is good I’m sure it will hold me over. I fully support the idea of backup stories, and this issues was good stuff.

Animal Man #4 Price $2.99

Animal Man is hands down my favourite series DC is putting out right now. I love the how the subdued artwork manages to make the creepy imagery even creepier, I love the way the characters are portrayed and I love the story. This issue does not fail to disappoint in any way. We learn about the Rot and how they came to be, as well as the risk they pose to not just the world, but Animal Mans family. My only complaint is that it is very closely related to Swamp Thing, something I was unaware of when i started this series, leaving me feel like I’m missing something.
    The art for this issue is full of nice little touches that help make the series as unnerving to look at as it is. A small detail that stood out to me was the fly resting on a man’s head to help show that he was possessed by the Rot. I don’t have enough nice things to say about this series, and I recommend it to all of you.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.