Three whole minutes of Clark fighting Bruce is here, along with some expected (and unexpected) guests in this fresh video…
I’ve been accused of being a Marvel fanboy, and it isn’t entirely off base, but I’ve enjoyed so many DC comics and films, and am currently a huge fan of The Flash TV series. The perception likely started because I’ve made numerous mentions on Cape Crisis that I really didn’t care for 2012’s Man of Steel, particularly the grim-dark, grousing, killer Kal-El. I was reticent for the sequel from the same director, and yet, when a new, lengthy trailer shows me all the movie has to offer, I gotta say it’s an impressive mix of fan service and spectacle…
With Dawn of Justice out in theaters in a matter of months, this was the time for Warner to go all out and show off what the DC’s cinematic universe is all about. Now that seemingly all the cards are on the table – it’s pretty easy to see the classic superhero arc of fighting then teaming up to face a bigger threat – here’s my immediate thoughts on the big trailer.
– It’s nice to see more than eight seconds of Clark Kent, reporter.
– The tense moments and cutting insults between Clark and Bruce reminds me of their relationship in the DC Animated Universe.
– Jesse Eisenberg’s manic energy as Luthor works well set against the angry glares of Snyder’s leads.
– What’s with the grey in Bruce’s temples? Is he going all Reed Richards on us?
– After smashing a city to bits, it’s cool to see Superman saving things in the sequel.
– It’s a smart move to have Bruce share viewpoints like mine that Superman was a terrifying, deadly force in Man of Steel.
– Still not sure if the whole ‘Bats being held captive by an army’ thing is a dream sequence. I hope it is, because Supes looks like a jackass in it.
– The big fight seems to be ripped straight out of Dark Knight Returns, right down to the cyber-Batsuit and Clark telling him to quit.
– They bring back Zod, then turn him into Doomsday by way of The Hulk, only he also shouts explosions? That’s a pretty OP boss fight.
– I wonder if there’s another twist to it, but it sure looks like Doomsday draws Wonder Woman into the fight, and this huge threat will unite DC’s trinity of heroes.
– Am I the only one who thinks Ben Affleck’s Batman voice sounds a little like a Muppet?
– It’s undeniably powerful to see Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman all in one scene for the first time in a movie.
– Though, seriously Snyder, Batman’s carrying a gun in the big closing shot?
Overall, that was a pretty promising trailer, though I feel like I can’t let go of all my doubts until I see the film itself. What did y’all think? Are you excited? Think I’m being too hard on it? Talk about it all in the comments.